Writings and course materials from Dr. Maximilian C. Forte, anthropologist at Concordia University, on politics, power, and advocacy using Web media. The actors in focus here are individuals, civil society organizations, political parties, and governments. The range of topics includes resistance, organization, influence on/by mainstream media, soft power, strategic communications, misinformation, information warfare, centered around issues of democracy, equality, social justice and liberation.
- Wikileaks: The Iraq War Logs
- Debates in Digital Activism: Update
- Round Up of Wikileaks News: 01-21 October 2010
- Chávez and the United Socialist Party of Venezuela in Twitter
- Taleban Don’t Twitter
- Wikileaks News Updates
- Breaking the Internet in the Name of Freedom? Internet Censorship and Domestic Spying in the U.S.
- Digital Activism versus Traditional Activism
- Free Blogger Ali Abdulemam
- Recent Resources on the Haystack Fiasco and Internet Freedom
- The Anthropology of Hackers
- Articles on Wikileaks
- Interviewed Today on Al Jazeera: Social Media, Soft Power, and American Empire
- Notes on Shirky, Here Comes Everybody, Chs. 8, 9, 10, 11, and Epilogue
- Notes on Shirky, Here Comes Everybody, Chs. 5, 6, and 7
- Notes on Shirky, Here Comes Everybody, Chs. 3 and 4
- Notes on Shirky, Here Comes Everybody, Chs. 1 and 2
- Building Your Research Paper on Cyber-Activism
- Online Activism Around the World, CFP2009
- Social media and the myth of techno-utopia
- Authoritarian Regimes Coopting the Internet
- Is “Virtual” Activism Not “Real” Activism?
- This Failed Revolution, Powered by Twitter: Revisiting the Recurring Themes of the Moldova Twitter Revolution, and Raising Some New Doubts
- Clay Shirky: 15 Points on the Web Revolution in Social Collaboration and Political Communication
- The Internet and Iranian Activism: Morozov v. Shirky
- Some Useful Concepts Relevant to Digital Activism
- Welcome to “Political Activism and the Internet”
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Story #3 – Sit… on Digital Activism versus Tradit… Digital Activism vs.… on Digital Activism versus Tradit… helena on Digital Activism versus Tradit… helena on Digital Activism versus Tradit… helena on Digital Activism versus Tradit…
Tag Archives: authoritarianism
From TV Ontario’s The Agenda with Steve Paikin: Evgeny Morozov on how authoritarian regimes co-opt the internet to suppress freedom. more about “Authoritarian Regimes Coopting the Internet“, posted with vodpod Advertisements